I thought I would make some general comments on the training program so far : I think it is a great idea and encourages all staff to get involved in technology that some of them have never even heard of.
However, some of our staff are feeling a little pressured to get things done, the time estimate of 15 mins a day is a bit low, as many staff are really flying in the dark and just registering for gmail takes longer than that for some. Perhaps giving 2 weeks per task might be a better idea, but I realise that the overall program would run for quite a while.
The exercises themselves are quiet simple but to really investigate each topic and spend a bit of time using each of the sites can be very time consuming.
Even though it is an individual exercise we have found that some of our staff need quite a bit of support to see each exercise through. We had a training session recently when staff had time to do their 2.0 exercises and they all seemed to benefit by having someone nearby to question or bounce ideas off. Many people felt that the sites are not intuitive or helpful and this perhaps indicates the need for more training in this type of thing. I hope that once the training is over that the skills they learn don't atrophy from lack of use.
I just completed Week 7 and this one took a far bit of time to get through - perhaps should have been broken down into 2 sessions.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment