Friday, April 4, 2008

Techorati

I suppose the relevance of Techorati depends on whether you want the world to read your blog or just a few friends/colleagues that you want to advise by word of mouth or emailing them the link.
If your blog has a social or political message then I'm sure you would want Techorati to pick it up and help promote it but if your blog is more personal there seem to be few advantages

For our library blog the point is purely to let our locals know What's on at the library so there is probably little advantage in Techorati adding this blog to their site.

Before finding out about Technorati, I would just have done a Google Blog search to find blogs on a subject of interest so it is good to know there are other ways of finding blogs if you need to.

I tried the bookmobile search but was most interested in the Youtube clip about the camel bookmobile than reading many of the blog entries. One blog entry I did read was about a library who were posting Large print books to their members rather than using a Home library delivery service.

When I tried the nswpln2008 search I didn't come up with any blogs just the images on Flickr, though a search on Learning 2.0 produced some interesting results.

No comments: