Thursday, March 6, 2008

RSS in Libraries

I can see a place for Blogs and RSS for local library training and procedure update. Our regional library currently has our procedures saved on a shared network drive but this then requires emails to be sent to staff when something has been updated and for the staff to actively look for the updated procedure, but I think a staff learning blog would be great and all staff could subscribe to the RSS feed and be automatically advised of any updates as they happen.

Our library currently runs two blogs a Local history and an Events blog I would love to think that our borrowers were keen enough to subscribe to an RSS feed for them. Encouraging our borrowers into the world of technology tends to have a very slow response rate but given time I'm sure we will have many subscribers.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Great to follow your Learning 2.0 adventures. Thanks for your thoughts too, on how we might use these technologies.
Hope you continue to enjoy the program,
Kathleen A