Thursday, May 15, 2008

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Well I must admit it was with a sigh of relief that I got to the end of session 12. While I have quite enjoyed most of the exercises and learnt quite a lot it did feel a bit like the sword of Damocles at times.
I think that asking all staff to undertake this training was a brilliant idea and the State library should be congratulated for promoting the program.
Many staff members hear about some of these new 2.0 features but without a reason/excuse to go investigating would be very reluctant to even try.
Overall, I think the time scale for many people was just too short. Even if you are tech-savvy it is a struggle to get through it -- just finding the time to read and review each of the aspects of Learning 2.0 can be difficult.
I hope that more training in this style will be offered in the future and perhaps a refresher program developed so that staff can consolidate some of the stuff they have learned.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Well I hope you've finished sighing and are now basking in your accomplishment! Thank you for sharing your Learning 2 experience with us.

Victoria